Physical logistics consulting that drives change
Improve your logistics operations to drive reduced costs, achieve quality customer service and increase profits.
How does our approach to physical logistics consulting drive operational excellence and sustainable growth?
We redefine the future of physical logistics consulting. Our experts streamline your logistics and supply chain processes with innovative and bespoke solutions. We are your strategic partners in achieving operational excellence and sustainable growth. Our team of expert logistics consultants in the UK are dedicated to delivering a comprehensive range of services, from logistics outsourcing to supply chain optimisation.
Insights, ideas and best practices from across the industry shape our approach. The combination of operational and industry expertise with solutions design and commercial acumen makes our approach work. We use external research, insight, and benchmarking, with diagnostics and modelling.
Why choose Visku for physical logistics consultancy?
Our years of hands-on experience, make us a powerful resource for you to work alongside.
- Independent, agnostic analysis. At Visku, we pride ourselves on providing unbiased and independent analysis. Data and industry best practices, drive our recommendations. Not affiliations or biases.
- Technical expertise. Our team of logistics consultants is equipped with deep technical knowledge, ensuring solutions that are not only innovative but also practical and implementable.
- Benchmarking & audits. Through rigorous benchmarking and audits, we help you understand where you stand in the industry and identify areas for improvement.
- Delivery planning and implementation support. We don’t just advise; we walk the journey with you, from planning to execution, ensuring that our strategies translate into tangible results.
Our approach to physical logistics consulting
- Comprehensive assessment. We start by understanding your business, market, and challenges. This includes partner or supplier assessments, property and labour evaluations, and competitor analysis.
- Customised solutions. Every business is unique, and so are our solutions. We tailor our recommendations to fit your needs, ensuring they are relevant, actionable, and impactful.
- Implementation support. We don’t just leave you with a plan; we help bring it to life. Our team provides ongoing support to ensure smooth implementation and adaptation.
- Continuous improvement. The logistics world doesn’t stand still, and neither do we. We continually refine our strategies and solutions to keep you ahead of the curve.
We use a combination of our proprietary tools alongside knowledge of your business and your market to bring the external perspective needed for logistics decision-making.
These are bespoke consulting services to make sense of your business’s external challenges and opportunities. That means relevant insights and actionable recommendations across markets, competitors, customers and services.
- Partner or supplier assessment
- Property and labour assessment
- Markets and geographical appraisal
- Competitor analysis
This combines insight, best practice experience and operational expertise to balance geography and cost, improving your overall efficiency.
With you, we plan a straightforward journey towards an optimum logistics network.
- Enhance customer service
- Ensure robust sustainable operations
- Optimise costs
- Reduce complexity and create enhanced visibility
- Improve capacity & asset utilisation.
We join the dots on your warehouse operations. From capacity to performance, layout design and efficiency improvements, we provide clarity and a logical plan for delivery.
And we can support you with the delivery too. We blend experience and creativity to maximise your space, flows, storage, equipment and systems.
- Improve customer service
- Create robust, sustainable operations
- Optimise costs
- Reduce complexity and create enhanced visibility
- Improve capacity and asset utilisation
Working closely with you, our logistics consultants create new or re-evaluations of your transport operations, network and partners.
An area of constant change, we can provide the benchmarking support you need.
- Cost efficient, sustainable transport solutions
- Route optimisation and scheduling
- Customer service improvements
- Industry insight including provider SLA and cost performance
We provide an independent review of your logistics operations, including processes, material flows and systemic touchpoints.
With fact-based analysis grounded in practicality, our consultants identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency, minimise wastage and fix unstructured processes.
- Maximise your operational effectiveness
- Improve efficiency and capacity
- Reduce cost to serve
- Enhanced customer services
We provide that important agnostic, impartial perspective on the market.
It’s hard to gain that insight when immersed in your business daily. We provide the lens that keeps you abreast of the external picture, and the ability to act upon it.
- Gain competitor advantage by assessing performance against peers and ‘best-in-class’ organisations
- Identify opportunities to evolve your operations
- Maximise performance and enhance profitability
- Impartial insight on provider SLAs and cost performance
- Agnostic platform for targets and negotiations
Latest news and
15 March 2023 | Neil Adcock
Do you know your cost-to-serve?
What cost-to-serve initiatives, strategies and investigations should businesses adopt to improve supply chain profitability?
14 February 2024 | Julian Burnett
The Red Sea shipping crisis and how to respond to perpetual volatility in global supply chains
When the Ever Given container ship ran aground in the Suez Canal back in March 2021, it blocked a vital route for global trade for just six days. Those six days led to a cascade of issues in supply chains, hitting a world that still hadn’t fully recovered from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. It was a small but significant example of how easily events can cause huge disruption around the world.
13 February 2024
Visku strengthens board for its tech-enabled, customer-focused future
Visku, the leading supply chain consulting and warehouse solutions provider, strengthens its leadership with key appointments. The move builds on Visku’s innovation credentials, positioning it for scale and growth.
7 February 2024 | Noel Hathorn
A new approach to the challenges of seasonal inventory management in warehousing
It’s the time of year for those working in the retail and manufacturing supply chain industry to reflect on their seasonal planning. How successful was 2023? What went well and what could be improved for 2024 and beyond?
25 January 2024
Visku hosts special Chambers of Commerce event
Visku, the supply chain consulting and warehouse solutions provider, hosted a special event for the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) at its Wellingborough HQ on 24th January where Jonathan Reynolds Jonathan Reynolds, the Shadow Secretary of State for Business & Trade, set out Labour’s plan for small businesses.
18 January 2024
National 2024 Year of Warehousing campaign kicks off in Wellingborough
The national 2024 Year of Warehousing campaign, announced in the House of Lords by Minister Richard Holden MP, kicked off an ambitious tour of 80 warehouses nationwide at local business Visku, with CEO of the UK Warehousing Association (UKWA) Clare Bottle, and Cllr. Valerie Anslow Mayor of Wellingborough, hosted by Visku CEO Andy Kaye.
3 October 2023
Bis Henderson’s Space and Consultancy businesses brought together as Visku
Supply chain consulting and warehousing solutions specialists, Bis Henderson, has brought together the unique strengths of its Consultancy and Space businesses under a single new identity, Visku – leveraging the immense wealth of expertise and extensive network capabilities of the two previously independent businesses.
27 June 2023 | Steve Purvis
Near-sourcing drives need for flexible space
A report published this month by the global commercial real estate services firm Cushman & Wakefield reveals a rapid increase in the take-up of industrial space across key European markets, including the UK, last year.
13 June 2023 | Steve Purvis
Is the ‘Golden Triangle’ Still the Centre of UK Logistics?
The correct location for your warehouse is crucial for manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.