To identify synergies across the group which currently operates a complex supply chain:
- Multiple supply chain operations across business units.
- Sector specific planning platforms.
- Business Unit (BU) centric Executive Reporting.
- Discovery: Gain business understanding via facilitated workshops, data gathering & analysis.
- Opportunity Assessment: Assessment of opportunities and hi-level cost. enablers, together with an assessment of the ease of implementation and risk.
- Reporting: Structured approach across all BU’s to ensure that comparisons are valid.
- Opportunities identified around TMS, 3rd party transport operation improvements, and integrated supply chain.
- Opportunities identified around home delivery service; smoothing the schedules to balance fleet requirements and backhaul opportunities.
- Opportunities include uniting the fleet, harmonised driving T&Cs, developing a waste handling network, integrated supplier systems, and creating a control tower to plan all transport.
£11m to £38m Group Savings p.a.
4%* Fleet Utilisation
5%* Fleet Numbers
* Available to the group if recommendations are put into practice.