- To find a local palletised storage solution to process containers which would have been accumulating demurrage & detention costs. De-stuffing containers, cross docking urgent current season stock for transfer to the main DC & storing excess stock excess current stock to free up operational capacity in the main DC.
- To be able to deliver direct to stores across the country.
- Understand the profile of the differing storage requirements for standard and oversized pallets.
- Source partners and structure options to fulfil the requirements.
- Managed all aspects from operational requirements and commercials to go-live, supporting daily activity to ensure seamless communication across multiple operations.
- 1 site storing circa 2000 pallets space in total, plus all required transportation services.
- Storage capacity and fulfilment operation close to the current DC location.
- Additional Transport options direct to store provided by supplier if required.
- Improved operational efficiency by freeing up capacity within the DC to allow improved flow of goods through the operation.
- Reduction in additional costs for container activity due to faster handling of inbound freight.