Find cost effective deep storage solutions for residual stock; supporting the current operations with flexible overspill space & container de-stuffing solutions.
- To find a European based deep storage solution for large quantities of previous season and excess current stock to free up operational capacity in the main DC.
- To process landed containers that had been accumulating demurrage and detention costs. De-stuffing containers, cross docking urgent current season stock for transfer to the main DC and storing excess stock in the offsite facility.
- The initial step was to understand the profile of the differing storage profile requirements for the various excess and previous season stock.
- Source partners and structure options to fulfil the required workstreams. Managing all aspects from operational requirements and commercials to go-live, supporting daily activity to ensure seamless communication across multiple operations.
- 2 sites storing circa 3,000 pallets space total, additional support with container processing, transportation and fulfilment services.
- Access to flexible storage capacity and fulfilment operation close to the customers current location, with larger storage capacity, container handling and x-dock capacity at an additional site.
- Ability to process retail, wholesale and direct to consumer orders without the need to return stock to the customers own DC.
- The flexible solution has prompted the customer to explore a longer-term relationship, with integrations to their own WMS to support a more consistent workflow for deliveries to their end customer.
- Consolidation of excess stock into two operations supporting specific activity, making it easier to manage operational flow.
- Using and paying for just what is required has reduced operating costs.
- Reduction in additional costs for container activity due to faster handling of inbound freight.
- Improved operational efficiency by freeing up capacity within the DC to allow improved flow of goods through the operation.