- To find a local and flexible storage solution providing a responsive replenishment backup to their core operation.
- Additional transportation support from DC to other warehouses and store locations.
- The initial step was to locate a partner facility within 10 miles of the existing operation that could provide additional storage capacity with the agility to fulfil Day 1 for Day 1 replenishments to the DC.
- Establish a consistent workflow between the two sites and then identify and relocate slow moving into the partner site for deep storage.
- 1 site supporting offsite storage of slow-moving product, providing additional support with container processing, transportation and fulfilment services.
- Flexible storage capacity with responsive fulfilment ability close to the current location.
- Ability to process replenishment orders to top up core stock at very short notice and provide transportation for same day delivery.
- The flexible solution has allowed breathing space within their operation and the responsiveness to maintain customer SLA.
- Allowed the client to maintain SLA with their customers by utilising a local facility offering same day replenishment.
- Pay As You Go with local capacity meant low cost per until for overspill capacity while maintaining low transport costs.
- Increased stock holding of core lines to support new store openings.